Saturday, March 10, 2012

Soul Match


"Untitled"

I open my eyes
I try to see but I’m blinded by the white light
I can’t remember how
I can’t remember why
I’m lying here tonight

And I can’t stand the pain
And I can’t make it go away
No I can’t stand the pain

How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me

Everybody’s screaming
I try to make a sound but no one hears me
I’m slipping off the edge
I’m hanging by a thread
I wanna start this over again

So I try to hold onto a time when nothing mattered
And I can’t explain what happened
And I can’t erase the things that I’ve done
No I can’t

How could this happen to me
I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me

I made my mistakes
I’ve got no where to run
The night goes on
As I’m fading away
I’m sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me

Kanna
I opened my eyes slowly. Where was I? I couldn’t remember, probably because my head hurt. 

A woman stood beside me. “Hello, dear. You’re in the train station between this life and the next. I’m afraid you have to make a choice. You can be born again or you can pass on. You will be able to communicate with your new host, but you can actually do anything, unless the host is about to die”

I didn’t have to think about it. “I’d like to be born again if you don’t mind. I want to be able to live life again, this time without dying so young.”

She smiled. “I thought you might say that. I already have the perfect girl. She’s six and her mother just died. Here she is if you would like to speak to her.”

Momma
A blond woman with pretty green eyes appeared. She smiled when she saw me. “Ah, you must be the soul going into Ellen.” Her eyes suddenly looked downcast. “I haven’t been the best mother. I was an alcoholic and didn’t spend much time with her. She’s a smart girl that’s for sure, but I can tell she’ll have a hard life. Her step-mother isn’t a good influence and her sister’s gonna be a real bitch, but she’s a good kid. Tell her I love her and I’m gonna watch over her, will you?” She smiled one last time before she disappeared.

I turned to the lady and said, “That settles it. I’m going to help this child.”

She smiled. “Alright, but there’s one problem, she’s very shy and definitely a loner. You were out-going and brave. There will also be some physical changes.”

“Don’t care.”

“Alright then, Kanna, you will be one.”

Chibi Ellen
I woke up in a six-year old’s body.

“Hello,” I said brightly, scaring the poor girl to death.

“Hi, who are you?” She asked.

“I’m Kanna. I’m going to be your companion for the rest of your life. Your mother sent me. She said, she loves you and will watch over you.”

I remember she said something about physical changes.

“Sweets, go get up and look in the mirror,” I said.

She did and gasped. I had been pale skinned and had albino hair and gold eyes, being a weird mix.

She now had paler skin, white stripes in her hair, and her eyes were gold with green flecks.

“What happened?” She asked, a little scared.

“You see since our souls combined, your physical appearance altered somewhat to look like a combination of both of us.” I explained.
“Okay,” She shrugged.

“Your parents will freak.” I pointed out drily.

“You mean my dad and my new step-witch?” She asked. “Honestly, I don’t care what they say. You’re like my first friend.”

I was impressed. Her vocabulary was quite advanced for a child of her age.
“What do you think will happen?” She asked snickering. “I’ll bet you twenty bucks they’ll rush me to the emergency room.”

I smirked. “Yeah, and your sister will faint.”

Her dad knocked on her door. “Ellen, sweetie, are you awake?” He poked his head inside.

My bitch of a stepmother who seeks to make my life hell
“What the- Debbi!” He shouted. “Come here!”

Step-Witch rushed in. “What did you do to your hair?”

“Nothing,” She whimpered. “What’s wrong with my hair?”

She was good. I had to give her that.

“Get dressed.” Step-witch ordered. “We’re going to the emergency room.” They left to get ready themselves.

“Yes,” She crowed in victory. She danced over to her closet and put on a pair of jeans with a polo t-shirt.

I shook my non-existent head. “Sorry, sweets. You are not going out wearing that. Put on that white, flowy t-shirt with those flowered shorts.”

I may not know much about little girl fashion, but I did know what she had on was not going to work for me.

She shrugged. “Whatever, I could care less what I wear. Just want life to go on.”

I could work with this kid. She seemed intelligent enough and she wasn't going to live an easy life. Not with that step-bitch of hers anyway.

Eight years later...

Ellen POV

Ellen
“God give me a fucking break.” I mumbled.

“You used to love Math,” Kanna pointed out. “So what's wrong with Geometry?”

“You're just smug about being good in Geometry.” I muttered.

She smirked. “Maybe, but still you really need to get with the program. You have a test tomorrow. Maybe you'll get the Flex Day this time.”

“I hope so,” I knew people were shouting weird glances at me. Again. For once I wish people like them would mind their own fucking business.

I walked into Child Guidance. Fuck them for putting me in the class. The bitch walked into the classroom behind me.

Kanna growled. 'Hope she doesn't bother us today.'

The fucking bitch who annoys me every fucking day
“Ellen!” She squealed.

“Too late.” I mumbled. “This was going to be an okay day, now it's a horrible make me want to kill myself day.”


No comments:

Post a Comment